- THE KEY YODA IS
Get yourself a World-Class Mentor, Coach or Trainer who can evaluate you, guide you and lay down a strategic step-by-step plan for you. Remember this much even Luke Skywalker needed the help of Yoda to use & defeat the Force.
- SMART GOALS
Give your a target & deadline with very (and I mean VERY) specific actionable steps.
- I will send 30 potential employers/decision makers my Resume this month or 1 per day.
- I will ensure I get a minimum of 3 Interviews this month
- I will also take feedback from every interview which I completed on areas I can improve upon.
Remember — Plan your work & work your plan.
- DON’T DO WHAT YOU ARE NOT GOOD AT
Your Resume should be edited, formatted, designed & created to attract potential employers. And this job shouldn’t be done by you rather by a Professional.
- LOOKS MATTER
If you are using your photograph any where — make sure it promotes you. Your photograph on your Resume, Linkedin, Facebook & any other social media platform should be carefully crafted, created & engineered by a professional.
- AN ORCHESTRA SOUNDS NICE WHEN IT IS IN SYNC
Every update on your Social Media platform should be in-sync with your Personal Brand Essence. Don’t have something controversial and shocking on your Facebook feed and then portray yourself as respectful and understanding on your Resume. If what you are is in violation of what you portray, people & companies will distance themselves from you.
- PAY PEANUT, GET MONKEY
Most people invest 100 times more effort, time & money in planning their marriage than in crafting their business profile. The funny thing is — marriage is a one time show-off-to-the-world-while-feeding-my-fragile-ego-and-emotion moment while a Professional Business Profile is what will fuel your ability & capacity towards limitless opportunities. Yet — people still give a marriage more than what they would give their career. And then they wonder — why their professional life sucks?
Remember — give peanuts and get monkeys.
- I AM WHO I AM
Finally, you should very clearly define and have written down answers to the following questions:
- What is my Personal Brand
- Why should someone employ my services
- What makes me stand out in a crowded & competitive market place
- What is my brand essence?
- What is my brand tagline?
- Who belongs to my target market?
Once you know who you are, what you are all about, what you represent and where you should be headed — you will be able to get to that point faster than others. And finally, find your purpose.
For more tips on Resumes, Interviews & Personal Branding, please google ‘Loy Machedo + (what you are searching for)’