- Please do not attempt any diet, exercise or lifestyle regiment without consulting your doctor or without seeking professional help from a certified health professional. What I have stated here is purely for blogging purposes and it is my personal experience.
- I have years of experience as a Bodybuilder, Power-lifter, Half-Marathoner & Triathlete.
- I have suffered from multiple injuries on my lower back & my knees.
- I underwent a Bariatric Weight Loss surgery (you can check all the videos on youtube on my channel. Type “Loy Machedo Bariatric Surgery” where I take you through the journey. It will answer all the questions as to why I opted for the surgery, the before, during and after the surgery). This is me starting exercise after nearly 2 years of a layoff.
So for those who are interested, this is my current Exercise & Diet regiment.
I will keep my exercise ready for the following day.
- Elastic bandana (to hold my ear-phones around my ears) & prevent sweat from entering my eyes
- Super-light running top mostly sleeveless
- Running tights
- Running ankle socks
- Running Shoes
Wake up timing:
- I wake up anytime I like.
It will most probably be 9am or 11am.
At present my body doesn’t seem to be responding to waking up early morning. So since 2 months, I have allowed myself to work late nights and wake up whatever time I feel like.
- 12pm or anytime after 12pm in the afternoon when the heat is the maximum.
After waking up
- Coffee & nothing but coffee.
It will have non-fat milk (as I have problem with lactose) + Sugar free for taste.
- The reason for this is to get me awake, alert & ‘wake up’ so as to get ready for my exercise.
- Physically, I am getting my body to wake up.
Mentally, even though I am playing an online game to get me to wake up — I keep visualizing that I will be having a running session in the afternoon sun.
- I may drink 2 cups to 3 cups of strong coffee. It depends on how I feel. But I ensure I do not overdo it as caffeine increases my heart-rate and alertness. Its never good to overdo it.
- Once I feel the caffeine has kicked into my system, then I go and have a nice cold shower to wake myself up.
- After the shower, I dress up, grab my iPhone and then leave.
What do I listen to when I run?
- I listen to Blinkist while running.
I do not listen to music.
Why do I listen to Educational Programs when I run?
- My goal is to utilize & optimize my time towards achieving my goals — Achieve maximum goals with minimal effort & time.
- Listening to Educational Book Summaries help me educate my mind with ideas.
- It helps me zone out from the pain of running in the heat.
- It also in a strange way helps me visualize creative ideas for my brand.
- 30 minutes exercise in total
- After exercise, I stretch for 10 minutes
- Cold shower
- 1st Meal is after exercise.
- Immediate meal is eggs, home-made burgers, salad & 2 piece of toast
- After an hour or so, I help myself to a fruit (pomegranate, watermelon, pineapple)
- Rest of the day — normal. Eat whenever I feel hungry
- Night is fresh home-made meat-boiled soup with vegetables & protein
- Eat 80% whole foods & 20% processed
- Eat more of home-made foods
- More Protein & More Fat, Less Carbs
Current Program Mix
- Day 1: 30 minutes slow run
- Day 2: 10 x 50 meters run followed by walking back + stretching
- To stay committed to a new exercise program for 60 days.
- To increase in difficulty slowly & gradually.
- The main focus is to be consistent & enjoy the process
- Primary goal is to keep the body healthy & active.
- Secondary goal is to reduce body fat & have toned body
- Increase the distance Im running
- Mix in weight training
- Reduce 1kg per month while eating normal & natural