Imagine you are in a State of Flow.
Suddenly there is a client call.
You pick up the phone, speak to the client and get immersed into the conversation.
Few minutes or an hour later the call is done with.
You sit down to complete your work.
However, now — you are no longer in the State of Flow.
Neither do you feel productive.
Has this ever happened to you?
In my case, after I complete a audio/video phone call or virtual meeting with a client, it takes me double the time to get back into the state of Flow.
So if I speak to a client for one hour — it would take me around 2 hours to get back to the Flow State. And if I spoke to a client for 2 hours — it would take me even more time to get into a Flow State.
Because I just used my faculties, my resources & myself into listening, understanding, analyzing, studying, thinking, communicating and interacting with the client.
And by the time the call was done with — I am totally exhausted.
So what was the solution to get back into the state of flow?
This is what I do:
- Take a nap for 15 minutes (or 30 minutes)
- Listen to my favorite selection of Binaural Beats
- Wake up & have a shower
- Make sure I have a nice shot of my favorite Espresso (no sugar)
- Ensure my room is super quiet
Since I have a little baby at home, I put on my headphones & listen to a music that gets me in a peak state (its noise proof)
- Start doing my work without any disturbance for the next few hours.
- Once its done with, move over to other B-Level or C-Level tasks.
Want to Ask Me Something for FREE?
PS — Want to join my private community?
Send me a message on Ask@loymachedo.com