43 Million Views in 5 Months — The 11 Quora Secrets No One Wants To Share
In 5 months I managed to achieve 43 Million views on Quora with 50,000 followers & yes, 3 really big clients. So how did I do it? Here are the Do’s, the Don’ts & Dirty little secrets no one will tell you about. Also, if you are looking for a detailed explanation about these points — please check the 1 hour 12 minutes video
So here are the Quora Strategies in a nutshell:
- MOST IMPORTANT RULE
Ensure your Quora Profile name IS EXACTLY THE SAME as your Passport Name. Once you get popular, there will be plenty of haters who will try to get you banned and they will report your profile as ‘fake’. And then you will be blocked and asked to prove your identity. Ensure your name IS EXACTLY what is shown in your passport.
- SECOND MOST IMPORTANT RULE:
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE have more than one Quora Account. I had created one many years ago and totally forgotten about it. Then I created a new one without even remembering that I had created the old one. Ensure you not only delete the old one completely (I REPEAT NOT DEACTIVATE BUT DELETE). Because if you are found to have more than 1 account — you will be blocked & banned forever.
- THIRD MOST IMPORTANT RULE
Read, Re-Read & Read again the Rules, Terms & Conditions of Quora. Because the Quora Moderation team follow the rules explicitly
- THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL RULE IN QUORA
Do you know Walter Hendrik Gustav Lewin — Legendary Dutch Astrophysicist & former professor of Physics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology who has a doctorate in nuclear physics & was a faculty member of MIT for 43 years was banned by Quora.
Because there was a question that was asked “I am now one-light-year away from earth, what should I do to get back to earth?” (check video here — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr6V0sheWUo )
So Professor Walter Lewin answered “Pray”.
For this he was slapped with a Ban for violating the Quora BNBR Policy for one week.
So what is the Its called the BNBR Policy?
BNBR or Be-Nice-Be-Respectful Policy is where you have ‘to be nice’ without hurting anyone’s feelings on Quora. On Quora you cannot — just cannot speak your mind out.
- GETTING BANNED MEANS — GETTING BANNED FOREVER
If you get banned — you lose your account forever. There are no second chances. And the chances of getting banned are exceptionally high. Keep this in mind
- PLENTY OF TROLLS, TROUBLE-MAKERS & TEENS
You would be surprised to know this but the single biggest active demographic on Quora are teenagers whose only job is to not only ask questions but to also harass you with non-stop emails, comments & yes — downvotes. Many of them are good but a large number of them expect free advice, freebies, free guidance, free money and also favors. Decide before hand how would you deal with this.
- HANDLING YOUR HATERS
DO NOT under any circumstance get into a debate or argument or discussion with your haters. You will end up getting flagged by Quora as these troublemakers wait for you to slip & fail. So if there are any haters — just block them — thats it. Also, Ensure that every answer of yours is a quality answer or else you will end up getting each and every answer collapsed.
- YOUR QUORA PROFILE
- Make sure your Profile is completely and throughly filled
- Ensure you have a ‘call-to-action’ on your Profile page i.e. where should people go once they check your profile page.
- Ensure the picture you have on Quora is yours and is attractive
- Always ensure you create curiosity through your profile
- Give value added content on your profile so that when they click on your profile — they want to know more
- QUORA ANSWERS — THE RIGHT STRATEGY
- Always focus on areas of your expertise first
- Keep answering the maximum number of questions every single day
- Keep your answers short, sweet, succinct — around 200 to 500 words
- Use listicle format (short form of blogging) with bullet points
- Once you have run out of the answers you specialize in — answer random questions — always have an opinion
- NEVER EVER EVER EVER plagiarise! They will catch you sooner or later!
- Always use references & state the websites you got the information from.
- OTHER POINTERS
- Ensure you have a Strategy, Reason & Focus as to why you are on Quora
- Have a social media team that supports you on Quora and shares your answer on their Social Media profile
- Note down your daily increase in followers, views & answers & compare them to someone who is in your line of work (on Quora) everyday. Make sure it is someone better than you. That will push you to want to get better
- THE BIGGEST & UGLY REALITY OF QUORA
Here is something I have to share with you.
I have personally witnessed and a young man who was baptized with the title as one of the “Fastest Rising Star” of Quora — a young man who was getting literally 1,000 followers per day — get not only banned permanently — but lose ALL his answers forever on Quora.
Before he was everywhere on Quora. He was the most talked about personality on the Quora platform.
Today, not even one answer of his is present.
Moral of the story?
Do not get enamored or impressed by the big numbers of followers & views on Quora. You can have thousands of followers, millions of views and countless compliments of praise, love and admiration from the Quora community. But the day you get banned or lose your account — every single thing you have done on Quora — will amount to nothing — and I seriously mean ‘NOTHING’. And losing your account on Quora is the easiest and most slippery slope on the Social Media Platform. So please — never ever let these numbers impress you.
Rather what your focus on Quora should be is to see how the numbers you get on Quora — the followers, the views and the upvotes — can be used to not only benefit the Quora community but your Personal Brand as well. If you can maintain a balance here — you will find Quora very beneficial.
Hope you found these pointers valuable.
If you have any questions — let me know in the comments section below.
This is the video where Professor Walter Lewin openly shares his frustration of getting slapped on the wrist by Quora Moderation Team.